Here's MY version of an altered tile.....using it for a dry erase board.....I have seen others while BLURFFING ( what a fun name for stalking!)...and wanted to try it out. So, I had to play MRS. WIZARD ( for those of you who remember Mr. Wizard...the science dude on TV years ago!...This is what I found out through MANY trials on my PROTOTYPE Tile ( this tile will never be seen!)......
- If you happen to be handy, or live with a MR. LOWES...you need to sand off the "nipples" around the edges of the tiles....I suppose these have a purpose when using as intended!
- CLEAN tile ( glazed kind so, dry erase marker will work) with rubbing alcohol to clean off dirt, oils, etc.
- Stamp design ( I used the FREE Hostess set that SU sent to all demos....FUN!!)with STAYZON...set with heat gun ( I am soooooo impatient to wait for it to dry!)..This will help it NOT come off when you add color!
- Color in with SHARPIE PERMANENT MARKERS.....NOTE:...do not drag your hand thru the "wet" marker while coloring!( duh...did this one time!).....If this does occur, or you are NOT happy with the look...you can use NAIL POLISH REMOVER and wipe it all away, and start over with step #2.
- OK...NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!....Thru my trials, I discovered the TRICK is to BAKE these babies!( the Crystal Effects druzzled oer it DID NOT WORK!...left it, well, YUCKY!)So, you need to BAKE at 350 degrees ( place it in a cold oven) for about 2 hours...then turn off the oven & let it cool in oven ( you can do up about 6 of these at once)
- Remove when cool..The heat does change the colors some what.....DO NOT USE A sealer, or these will not accept the dry erase marker!!!
- CLEAN WITH A DRY SOFT CLOTH( or paper towel)....no water needed!!!
Soooooooo...this was my "gift" for my UP-UP Lines Dirty Santa exchange last night....and it seemed to go over well.....since it got "taken" 3 times!!
Gonna make more....if there were only 48 hours in a day!!!!!..........back to work( aka: PLAY!)
Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY..&....A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!
It's supposed to SNOW here!!!...whooowhooo( gotta buy milk & bread!LOL!)